Thursday, June 23, 2016

Birth of a Nation trailer

The trailer for "Birth of a Nation" has finally been released. The story is a powerful one indeed and depicts the story of NAT TURNER and his will to fight back.

For those of you who are lacking a bit in the history of black folks in America, Nat Turner led a massive slave rebellion that ran rampage throughout the south. He was a good man who simply had enough of the mis treatment of himself and his people.




Watching this trailer literally sit chills through my body. I was waiting to hear what powerful song would be on the soundtrack and then I hear the majestic voice of Andra Day singing Rise up. I think they should also throw in Beyonce's song FREEDOM.  I am extremely excited for October and can not wait to go see this movie and I await the discussion pieces it will bring forward.

If you think this is just another slave movie, it is not. It is so much more than that. It is the story of our people and an American story.








Remember to Always Be
Fierce and Fabulous
xoxo
Lela Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment