Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maya Angelou passed away at the age of 86

I regret to inform you that the beloved Dr. Maya Angelou has passed away at the age of 86. She was an amazing woman and held many roles to include author, poet and civil right activist 


Dr Angelou passed away Wednesday morning May 28, 2014 in her home in Winston-Salem, North Carolina 

Angelou recently cancelled a scheduled appearance at the2014 MLB Beacon Award Luncheon, where she was to be honored with the Beacon of Life Award, due to health problems.


She was the GodMother of our community and we have truly lost a divine angel here on earth. I will miss seeing her uplifting posts on social media and I wish I would have gotten the opportunity to meet her. 

For everyone who knows me ( especially those who knew me as a young girl ) would know that her poems "Phenomenal Woman" and "Still I Rise" -are my signature poems. Her books and poems have gotten me through some tough times and I thank her for that. 

Although Dr Angelou is no longer here with us physically, she did leave behind a tremendous legacy. Even in this time of sadness, let's celebrate the greatness of all that she accomplished and left behind.

Her last tweet was on 24 May 2014 and can be seen below 

 

Dr Marguerite Ann Johnson we love you and we salute you, may your beautiful soul rest in peace 

Remember To always Be 
Fierce and Fabulous 
xoxo Lela Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment