Monday, October 7, 2013

Lauryn Hill is a FREE WOMAN


One of our favorite ladies of Hip Hop the honorary Ms. Lauryn Hill has been released from federal prison and she is is officially a free woman. As scheduled, Hill was released from the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Connecticut,  sometime Friday (Oct. 4), This information was obtain from information that was posted on the website of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. I had no clue that that website even existed.


Lauryn was serving time for failing to pay taxes, she was under the impression that she owed the government nothing. She failed to pay taxes upon income that she earned between the years of 2005-2007. She pled guilty and was sentenced to 3 months in federal prison. The government does not play about their money. I'm taking note and will definitely make sure I give them what I owe them once I reach a level of higher status.


Now that Lauryn is *FREE FROM THE MAN* she has released a new track called Consumerism and unfortunately I'm not feeling it, I wish she could go back to making awesome songs like those from her only solo album " MisEducation of Lauryn Hill. Check out the song below, leave a comment and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment